Monday, February 28, 2011

"Parental carbon units are heading your way"

--A text from my mom haha

So the parents and relatives descended upon Tucson last week! It was an awesome craziness!! Mom and Dad got here on the 19th and left on the 25th. Some highlights were:
  • Teaching Mom and Dad to play Settlers of Catan (the board game that we're obsessed with!) and Mom won!
  • Going out to Asian food (Indian and Thai! Jen can handle more spicy food than I can!)
  • Casa Mariposa on Wednesday, introducing my parents to the wonderfulness of the their house and unexpectedly seeing Father Matt there! Cece, Maggie, Daniel and Jeff's parents were also great additions to a very crowded but fun dinner! I made peanut butter brownies:)
  • Going on a run with Mom and Dad through the U of A and showing them around my neighborhood.
  • Bringing them to school with me and teaching 2nd grade with them there. The kids were so cute when I was like "Can anyone guess who these two visitors are?" They all raised their hands eagerly and I called on one of them who said of course, "Your parents!!" And and I had the class teach my parents a bit about input and output devices. So fun!
  • Going to the Rodeo Parade (the longest non-motorized parade in the US) and finding out I like motorized parades much better because they actually have floats and not just a whole bunch of horses and bands. Seeing Ronald McDonald in a sombrero was entertaining tho! These two pics are from the parade.
  • Mini family reunion with Mom, Dad, Bob, Kathryn, Bill, Carla, Don, Elaine, Mario and Kimm at Bob and Kathryn's. Oh and Mom and Dad almost bought a house there!
  • Introducing the parents to Barrio Brewery where my Mom and Bill tried all 11 kinds of beers in a sampler! Of course the Razzberry is their best beer. I didn't have to try them all to know that;)
Ok that's enough bullet points. I was going to write more stuff like how we went to San Xavier mission, had a party at our house with everybody, got Eegee's, went to Sabino Canyon, went to Mexican with the Chavez family, had some great meals at Don and Elaine's hotel, etc. Basically it was a VERY busy but FUN week!!!

<-- That picture was taken by Kimm btw. [Bill, Carla, Bob, Kathryn, Me, Mom, Dad, Mario. Elaine in front of Bob and Don is kneeling down]

So, after the parents and relatives took off, our house drove up to Phoenix! We went to go visit Casa Bart who came and visited us in the fall. (and we saw Casa Truth too!) It was really fun re-connecting and having a barbeque. We even grilled vegetables and pineapple! And we went on their roof! It made me want a roof to watch the sunset on. Ok I guess I've always wanted that:)

Anyway, we got back last night and hopefully there will be some downtime before our next adventure. In the meantime, I'm very involved in the book series "The Hunger Games." I read the first one in 3 days and am now addicted. Just like with Dragon Tattoo, Twilight, and Harry Potter, this series has an addicting pull to continue reading!!! (ok it's also written for young adults, but who cares?;)
Sooo yeah that's what I'll be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment