Friday, September 3, 2010

Starting To Get It

Now that we've been here for 3 whole weeks, I've started to get into at least a little bit of a routine. It doesn't kill me to wake up at 6:15am Monday thru Friday like it felt the first week. I've finally got a set schedule at school of which classes I teach when (I start teaching the Kindergartners beginning next Thursday!) The kids are starting to recognize me at school saying "Hey Miss Devlin" or "Bye Miss Devlin" at the end of the day. The teachers are apparently going to Happy Hour after the faculty meeting today, so maybe I'll go to that!

It's a long weekend because of Labor Day, so I'm excited. On Sunday, I might go to an orphanage in Nogales, Mexico if it works out with some of the other teachers. We'll see! And on Labor Day, we're planning on running a 5K in Saguaro National Park. We didn't actually sign up for the race, we just want to participate (for free;)

So, it's going pretty well. I had the realization sometime maybe last week that this isn't just a trip to Arizona, I'm actually going to be here for a year (I mean, I knew that but it still kinda felt like a trip!) I started to miss family and friends and it is also strange that I'm not going back to college. I know I went through that whole graduation thing, but now I guess I'm in real life? But yeah, I'm getting more used to it as time goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment