Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"A JV going to Vegas? That's like an oxymoron"

--my co-worker (haha)

So, I went to Vegas and Mexico the last two weekends. I know, not very JV of me! The Vegas trip was to visit with my brother, my friend Chrystea, and my friend, Pear, who lives in Vegas. The trip ended up costing me a lot more money than I had anticipated (ohhh I have to pay for food AND gas?), but it was still really fun! It was great to see Pear again (my Thai sister!) and we had some amazing Thai food with her!

In Vegas, we spent two nights out. The first night was at a club called Tao. It was a Saturday night in Vegas during spring break season, so it was pretty crraazzzayy. Our names were on the list and we still had to wait like an hour to get into the club. At least we were comped thanks to Sean's friend who is a club promoter. The club was HUGE! (Biggest club I've ever seen, about 4 or 5 floors, big pool area, etc) And the drinks were overpriced of course (like $14 each!)

The second day we hung out in the pool before going out to a club called Pure. Chrystea's friend Sammi was also visiting from LA. That club was a lot less crazy cuz it was Sunday! We didn't have to wait:) But Sean had to leave before night time, which was sad! I only got to see Seany for one day :/ I hope I get to visit LA soon and see him!!

After Vegas, Chrystea made the 7 hr drive down to Tucson with me and spent a few days here. I got to show her around, take her to Casa Mariposa, and to our new favorite spot-Gate's Pass! There was such a pretty sunset the night we went!!watching the sunset

And then this last weekend we went to Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point), which is the closest beach to Tucson. It's about a 4 hr drive and we went just the four of us casa-mates! It was a great relaxing time to read on the beach, lay in the sun, and swim in the ocean. We ended up using community money to pay for the cute little casita we stayed in, which was good because I used my whole stipend in Vegas!
Us at the beach:
From these trips I have concluded: Vegas is pricey and I love the beach. Ok, I already knew both of those things, but whatever;)

No comments:

Post a Comment