Wednesday, December 15, 2010

1/2 Marathon and Christmas Picture!


We finished the half marathon yay!! My time was 2 hrs and 3 mins! I was aiming for like 2:10, so I'm really happy with my time:) They put up some pictures on the Internet of me running....I copied them, but not going to order them so that's why they say "PROOF" on them haha. It was a great race! Supposedly downhill, but it felt flat most of the time until the end when there were a couple small hills. But they came at the worst time (like mile 12!) so I was exhausted. My other goal for the race was to run the whole time without walking, and when I saw those hills I was like "oh crap.." but I did it! I ran them! Even though I was going about walking pace, I still did it:) yay. Jen and her friend Alicia also ran the half marathon with really good times! After the race we all got free massages and then headed to a cupcake place. My cupcake was cinnamon-y like a snickerdoodle. DElicious !!!

Jen and I now are thinking of running a FULL marathon! Crazy right? ;) We've both never done a full, but there is an awesome one (Rock n Roll) in San Diego in June that we are considering. And it ends in Sea World! Sooo that's what we're lookin at...

Yesterday, we had our support people (Ann and Cece) over for a little Christmas party. It was fun! We did white elephant gifts (I got mine at Goodwill for $1) and had some cookies, chocolate, wine, you know the usual;) We also took our Christmas picture which we are going to send out! Here it is:

Casa Nacho Christmas!!!! I'm holding Alejandro, our new prickly pear cactus, Erin has antlers, Jen is holding a wreath (REAL!) that Jeff's parents sent us, and Jeff is holding a pretty stocking that Ann let us borrow! That wreath smells awesome btw.

So, that's us! All ready for Christmas! I'm leaving this Saturday for Guatemala! 3 more days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment